When we talk about applications to manage the files on our mobile phone, one of the ones that comes to mind is the famous ES File Explorer application, an application that aims to manage all the files on our mobile phone. Well, this application is more alive than ever and is still one of the number 1 applications in mobile phone file management.
ES File Explorer is not an ordinary file explorer as it has some hidden features that other file explorers don’t have. This application is not new, since it is already many years old. This app was created because Android file system was very limited and didn’t have advanced features like ES File Explorer has.
This program has some advanced features, such as creating favorite folders and an advanced file browser. In this way, you will be able to find what you want easily in the search engine, without any effort and in a matter of seconds. You will also be able to search by extension and search in many more ways, so without a doubt it is very worthwhile.
This program can also be downloaded for free in the Play Store, since its download is completely free. The way that the application has to obtain income is through advertising, in which it recommends applications for you to download if you want, receiving money in exchange for this recommendation.
This program has undergone many changes over the years, some of them highly criticized, such as the change in the interface. However, it continues to maintain its essence, which is undoubtedly the basis of its success and its secret for having remained on the crest of the wave for so many years. ES File Explorer will be one of the best file managers forever.
It also has the advantage that it is one of those applications with a root variant. By this I mean that if you are root on the mobile (super user privileges), you will be able to manage everything on your phone. For example, accessing system files, removing protected applications and ultimately unlocking the full potential of your mobile phone.
Of course, use this program at your own risk. We limit ourselves to reporting, so we are not responsible for damage to your terminal or anything like that, so use the root functions at your own risk.
Whether or not you decide to use the root functions, the ES File Explorer program is one of the great ones and it is one of those applications that should be on your mobile phone, whenever you want to get the most out of it.
If you’ve never downloaded it, if you haven’t used it for a long time or you just want to see how to use it step by step, you’re in the right place. We are going to see step by step how the application works and how you can get the most out of it, as well as some tips for its correct use.
Download Instructions and Tips
- Download the application:
The first step that should always be taken when installing an application is simple, first download it to your mobile phone. In this case, we are going to be lucky, since this application is officially recognized by Google as a safe application. By this I mean that we will be able to download the application in a very simple way, downloading the application from the Play Store in a completely normal way, downloading our application as if it were any other. We just have to put the words “ES File Explorer” in the Google Play Store search engine and download our application to our mobile phone. In this way, we will have it downloaded and ready to start working with it. However, there are some phones that the Google Play Store does not work, so in this case we must search for the apk application in Google and install it in this way, first enabling unknown origins,
- Usage of the application:
This program is a file manager, which works very easily. The app has like a kind of start menu, which takes us directly to everything we want to do and use on a mobile phone. For example, we will be able to search for a file by type and by extension. For the rest, we have a window management system, in which we are going to click on the windows that we want to open and navigate through them. When we see a file, we will be able to delete it, we will be able to open it and we will be able to rename it, if we have the necessary permissions to do so. In addition to that, this application allows you to create favorites, that is, some folders that we access normally, and that we need to access quickly. Click on a folder and check the favorites option to be able to do this. In this way, we will be able to do it easily and begin to have better organized folders.
- Avoid Downloading Recommended Apps:
It is ironic that they are called recommended apps, however, they are the apps we should avoid at all costs. When we click on the applications window, we will see how some recommended applications appear at the top. These applications are applications that ES File Explorer recommends because it receives money in return. However, they are not applications that are too healthy for the mobile phone. What you have to do in this case is to avoid clicking on these applications, since they can fill up your phone’s memory and most of them are useless applications that you will not use.
- The themes:
The themes section is a very important section in the ES File Explorer, since these themes will allow us to have a different appearance on our mobile phone. By clicking on topics, we will be able to search and download themes of all kinds, which will change the appearance of the file manager and will leave it completely to our liking. For example, there is a theme that will leave the file manager in a classic mode, that is, with an interface very similar to the old program. There are also topics of all kinds, suitable for all audiences. The point is that you choose the topic you choose, it is a topic that you like and that attracts the attention of everyone. Again, you can try all the themes that you think are necessary until you find the theme that you like. In this way, you will undoubtedly have the theme that you like the most, since you will have tried them first.
- Root permissions:
One of the most interesting things about ES File Explorer is its ability to use root functions. Root is a user who has full control over the mobile, allowing you to do things that a normal user is prohibited from doing. These things can be positive, like removing useless pre-installed apps and installing features that didn’t exist before. However, you can also break your phone if you are not careful enough. If you don’t know how to root a phone, you can do it with the Kingroot app, which we have already discussed here. Of course, keep in mind that the root voids the guarantee of your phone. Once we have become Root, we can download the Root version of ES File Explorer, which is also easily found in the Google Play Store. This application’s main utility is to enter the root folders of the system, which are normally blocked for the user. In these folders all the information of the operating system is saved, such as installation folders, user folders, and programs. If you are going to touch something, do it with knowledge, since deleting a folder that you shouldn’t could disable the mobile phone forever. Whatever you do, always do it at your own risk, as it is your mobile phone and it is your responsibility.
As with almost all Android apps, there are great alternatives to this app, alternatives that allow you to do similar things. These applications are similar to this one, but they are different, since they change small details. These details can make the difference between choosing one application and others, so if you have doubts between one or another application, I advise you to use both and see which one convinces you more. Let’s see some alternatives.
- Root Explorer: This app is based on phones with root installed. This application is free, but you will only be able to take advantage of it if you are a root user, since otherwise it is as if you have absolutely no application installed on your mobile phone.
- FX Explorer: This version is the competitor of ES File Explorer and as such includes features similar to it. It’s also a great file manager, but it’s a step down from ES File Explorer in my opinion. The thing is that you try it and see which one suits you best to use it correctly.
- Others: Actually, if you search for file explorer on Google Play, you will be able to find a lot of programs that perform functions similar to this one. The way to know which one is good and which one is not is through Google Play user ratings. Normally an application is good and reliable when it has more than 4 rating stars. If it’s above 4 and a half stars, it’s an elite app that’s incredibly good (provided a lot of people voted and tried it obviously).
- ES File Explorer PRO: ES File Explorer has its paid Premium version, which for only 2 euros unlocks some advanced features for your mobile phone. ES File Explorer PRO also eliminates advertising, removing annoying recommended applications that, as I said before, are not recommended at all. In addition, this way you will be able to collaborate with the project, since that money will go to work on making better and better applications.
- Old versions of ES File Explorer: There are people who feel that this version is not very good. However, versions from before version 4.0 can still be used. The way to find these versions is through Google, downloading the apk (in the Play Store the latest version is always downloaded). Here you can choose the one you like the most and download it. Of course, disable updates, otherwise you will be updated to the latest version as soon as you connect to Wi-Fi.